Thursday, April 28, 2011

I feel like the epicness of this latest Harry Potter trailer deserves its own post (no offense, Em). I don't know if I can do it justice but I am going to try to highlight some of the more spectacular, hitherto unseen moments. So here goes, complete with pictures:
1.
Could this be our first look at the lost diadum? Not exactly how I imagined it but way cooler!
2.
Okay, now this has to be from Snape's memory, where Lily is using magic to make a flower bloom to show off for Petunia. Straight out of the book! I love that they are paying attention to little details like that.

3.
Whose hands are these? Voldy and Bella? Snape and Lily? Tonks and Lupin? Someone else completely?

4.
When does this happen? I don't remember Snape visiting Godrics Hollow. Unless it is in his memory right after Lily and James are killed and he finds out about it. Maybe?

5.
So after an almost complete and total absence from the previous movies, they are finally going to acknowledge the Tonks and Lupin love story. Just in time for them both to be killed. Better late than never, I suppose.

6.
I just thought this shot was awesome. Very Bednobs and Broomsticks.

7.
Fred!

8.
So happy that this moment makes it into the movie, cuss word and all!

9.
This is the part where Voldy and Harry fall into the black lake to finish their fight. When did that happen in the book? IT DIDN'T! I am still really skeptical about this. We'll have to see how it works, I guess.

Other notable moments include the dragon escaping from Gringotts - which looks really cool - and the burning of the room of requirement - which also looks amazing- and the Lord of the Rings-esque war at Hogwarts - which looks way bigger than it was in the book.

Hopefully that captures most of the highlights. Let me know what y'all think.

3 comments:

  1. Haha ok hand scene number 3, my official guess is Harry and Lilly's hand in the forest!

    Other than that agreed with everything! This movie is going to rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is the case, Harry REALLY needs a manicure (or Lily does). :) I am voting Snape and Lily in Snape's memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like Harry is hugging Voldy when they fall into the Black Lake. Kind of 9th grade dance position.

    ReplyDelete