Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sheldon Cooper is a Smelly Pooper

Only Sheldon Cooper (aka Smelly Pooper) and Amy Farrah Fowler could come up with something as ridiculous as looking for correlation between the speed at which gossip spreads and the tantalizing-ness of the gossip. Unfortunately tons of innuendos in this episode, but I guess that is only to be expected. Still, innuendos aside, there were tons of hilarious moments in this episode.
(FYI - Scientifically speaking, Amy's account of typical monkey behavior is pretty accurate, in case anyone was wondering.)

Top 10 quotes from tonight episode:

10. Sheldon: I think the nation's tuna cans are safe.

9. Amy: I just stopped by to let you know I'm getting orthodics. Also I'm also carrying Sheldon's baby. Mum's the word.

8. Sheldon: I'm no stranger to Memetic Epidemiology. At Johnson Elementary School the phrase "Sheldon Cooper is a Smelly Pooper" spread like wildfire.

7. Leonard: Perfect
Sheldon: I know . . . What and elf I would have made.

6. Leonard: It's complicated but as I remember it the essentials are: get chosen last, get hit by the ball, cry, go home.

5. Amy: Sheldon and I engaged in sexual intercourse. In other news I'm thinking of starting an herb garden. Mum's the word.

4. Amy: We need to fabricate a tantalizing piece of gossip.
Sheldon: And a second non-tantalizing piece to use as a control!
Amy: Then we'll track its progress through our social group and interpret the results through the competing academic prisms of Memetic Theory, Algebraic Gossip and Epidemiology!

3. Pria: What's that piece of tape?
Leonard: Oh, that one doesn't apply to you. You sit.

2. Sheldon: What do you think your doing?
Leonard: Shooting at a target.
Sheldon: With what?
Leonard: An arrow.
Sheldon: Really? I didn't see you draw an arrow from your quiver.

1. Sheldon: I've been thinking about Dr. Green's efforts to make science palatable for the masses.
Leonard: What about it?
Sheldon: Nothing. I've just been thinking about it. Now I'm thinking about fractal equations. Now I'm thinking about the origins of the phrase 'train of thought'. Now I'm thinking about trains.
Sheldon: Now I'm thinking about Jello. . . . Oh! Back to trains. Whoo whooooo!
Anyway, great episode! I hope we get to find out how people react to Amy's announcement that she is carrying Sheldon's baby. In other news: Howard and Bernadette. Those two are perfect for each other, but what will this mean for Howard's mom? Did Amy's account of Sheldon's fake love-making expertise renew Bernadette's faith in love? So many questions.

2 comments:

  1. Also what about Raj? Will he continue his efforts for Bernadette and what will Howard think, no doubt that he will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the real question is whether or not Amy Farrah Fowler is truly getting orthotics. What's the motivation? Has the herb garden done something to her feet?

    ReplyDelete