Tuesday, April 5, 2011

NCIS: Tiva action just not with eachother

So NCIS this week began the season finale stretch with the Port to Port (or P2P killer as Abby calls him). This guy is quite the creeper. He wraps up his victims in plastic wrap and slits their neck very carefully. But as we all know by the fact that you have lived with me for so very long the case is only half the episode. So let's venture on.

For the last season Ziva has begun dating this guy. We learned about him piece by piece. First he was just a friend. Then he was known as Ray. Then via Abby we hear that she is seeing someone. Finally in this episode we meet Ray. First of all ew! For a beautiful brown man they sure geeked him up! Second: Introductions. Ziva: "This is Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Special Agent Timothy Mcgee, and (quick breath and a pause) Tony Dinozzo. Dinozzo interupts: "Special Agent Anthony Dinozzo." Yea ok here is sexual tension moment numero uno. Did anyone pick up on the uncomfortable atmosphere that entered as Ziva introduced Tony. Ok ok moving on.

For the past couple episodes Tony has also been dating someone though I think there is less dating and more sleeping going on. Actually there is less sleeping and well you know what I mean. This girl I am not a fan of (no worries Abby is on my side). She is trying to put rank on Gibbs! Ok NO ONE pulls rank on Gibbs, not even Vance! Then she tries to completely take-over the Port to Port case and be all bad cop in interrogation. WHAT!? Ok sweety I think Gibbs is a tad older than you and knows how to find a killer. It's Gibbs. Then there is when her and Tony were almost making out in the elevator and it opens to none other than Ziva and Ray. Now at first Ziva just smiles and you think it's just a little awkward. Then as they get out of the elevator Ziva gives EJ the look. The look that is like "What you doin mackin on my man!?" Yea hon you are starting to realize you're with the wrong man.

This brings me to the final climatic two moments of the episode. First: Bathroom scene. Tony is releasing waste as Ray walks out of a stall and they begin to talk. Ray: "I want to get along with Ziva's friends. Ziva's told me all about you." Tony laughing: "I doubt that." Ray: "She said you were like a brother." Tony's face: like someone punched him in the gut! It was a moment of sadness yet almost joy to me because I know Tony was thinking, "Why would she say that? Why does that bother me? Should it bother me? Do I love her?" Ok a little far on that last one. Still.

Ok Finally the end scene. Tony FINDS Ziva upset over her fight with Ray (watch the episode if you want background on that one). He sits down to have a drink with her. She gets up to leave and he grabs her arm and tells her to stay. She looks at his hand clutching her arm and he quickly lets go. Then he starts defending Ray which is lame. Then she asks him about EJ and he explains his feelings. Just as the tension is rising he gets an extra drink. He asks the bartender who it's from and the bartender says the man in the back. He looks at it and it has a human eyeball in it! They look back and the man is gone! Ok GET A DESCRIPTION FROM THE BARTENDER! Oh well I guess we'll have to wait till next week! According to Pauley Perrette (Spoiler) we know who the human eyeball is from.

I apologize for the love interest emphasis but this was a really good Tiva ep. I will focus on story more in the future. What did you think siblings. Is this the end for Tiva? Was the Human eyeball from EJ? Ray? Eli? Who knows!?

~Emily

3 comments:

  1. Nice recap. I haven't been keeping up on this show but you summed it up quite nicely.

    I already don't like this EJ chick. And from what it sounds like, Tony is just using her to fill the emptiness in his life that should be filled by someone he is actually in love with.

    How many intense moments happen in the men's room? Seriously! You totally know that if Ziva told Ray that Tony is like a brother to her she was only trying to convince herself so that she could avoid her feelings for him.

    And enough with the making-out in the elevator. It sounds like Tony is trying to make Ziva jealous and Ziva is trying to make Tony jealous and it sounds like it is working but not working at the same time.

    As to the origin of the eye-ball . . . I have no idea because I haven't been following the show enough to know who the most likely candidates are. But I hope it is this EJ person. I don't like her at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea and EW just pointed out that someone working on the case WILL die. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing who it will be as pretty much everyone and there dog is on the case. my top three guesses though are

    1) EJ (Tony has finally found someone, it will not be long before they are taken away.) 2) Ray (Ziva will continue to have broken relationships until she accepts her feelings for Tony) or
    3) Ziva (I don't want to accept it but she still hasn't signed a contract!)

    Here's hoping it's neither of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm betting that it will be Mike Franks. They said that they are bringing him back.

    ReplyDelete