Monday, May 7, 2012

Always - Castle

Wow!  Ok ok ok ok I'm fine everyone.  I'm fine.  NBD.  It's all going to be ok.  It is,  ok.  Here we go.

Castle and Beckett are finally, after 4 seasons, together!  It's big news!  Kinda the biggest (or at least until Tony and Ziva get together).  I could bore you all with the facts of the mother's case but would you really want, or expect me too?  No so let's get to the important scenes.





1) Actually I'd love to.
She'd love to.  Of course she would.  This is when Castle tells her about Alexis's graduation.  He mentions that Martha will be in the Hamptons and Alexis will be at her all night party.  This leaves the apt completely open.  He invites her to come over and watch a movie with him and she said she'd love to.  Oh my.  This episode is going to be good I can feel it!




2) You're not in this alone.
A sweet moment of hand holding after Castle brings Beckett Coffee.  She's just worried and doesn't know what this case is going to bring.  So he looks at her and tells her she's not in this alone.  That he's here.  "I know" she says.  Oh my!  They are so going to be together.  Unless she finds out that he's been lying and he tells her that he knows that she remembers that he told her he loves her.  Hm. . . . well we're not quite there . . . yet.



3) Coffee just to see you smile
Castle must get Beckett off her mother's case again.  Personally I thought he'd just try to seduce her but well fine he can just talk to her.  So he does.  He reveals how he's been in contact with a man who is helping to keep her safe.  She freaks out!  She asks how he could do this!? "Because I love you!  But you already know that, don't you.  You've known for about a year."  Oh boy.  This is the best talk ever.  He tells her that he brings her coffee just to see her smile and that she is the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating person he's ever met.  Seriously I don't see how she held it together.  But her mother's case was more important so she took that side.  He said fine.  He said that if she wanted to throw her life away than she could but he couldn't stand to watch so he was out.  Well that was it.  Ok.  Fine.  The End.  Psych!



4) On the Edge
Holding on for dear life, literally, Beckett can only think of one thing.  Castle.  So delirious and craving him she hears his voice coming for her.  It's actually Ryan but still.  It's a realization.  A realization that as important as her mother's case is.  As much as she wants redemption perhaps there is something else she wants more. . .  




5) Swingsets
Oh how I adore that swingset.  In "Rise" the season opener Castle and Beckett had a very good talk on that swingset about their relationship.  About how she wasn't going to be able to have the kind of relationship she wanted until her mothers case was solved.  Now she sat there alone looking at the empty swing next to her.  Knowing that she could have just died and he would have never even known how she felt about him.  What to do, what to do.




6) You.
Castle finishes a conversation with his daughter and hangs up.  He looks at his murder board for Beckett's shooting and erases it.  It's time to move on and delete her from his life.  She tries calling him and he doesn't pick up.  He can't.  Then a knock on the door.  It's her.



Beckett, what do you want?





You.






Kissin!






I'm so sorry Castle, I'm so sorry






What happened?







He got away and I didn't care.  I almost died and all I could think about was you.
I just want you.





More Kissin'







Hold hands, fade to black!







So there we are folks!  Now we wait.  What fun surprises await?  Andrew Marlowe (creator and writer) gave us a little tease with this:

"No means do we feel like this is the end of our storytelling.” “Once people get together, there are plenty of fun challenges, relationship obstacles to overcome [and] really uncomfortable, great, wonderful, crazy, challenging moments that they’re going to have to face."

All I know is this was such a great episode!  This was everything I could have wanted and a bit more than what I wanted but say la vee.  I'm excited to see what's in store and pleased with the writing thus far!

~Until September . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment