Friday, January 13, 2012

Note Crazy Incredible Sexual-tension

Well just about all of you by this time have seen the latest episode of NCIS I suppose.  The last two episodes might as well have been a two parter at least on the personal lives front.  Between Special Agent Erica Jane Berrett and CIA agent Ray Cruz we've seen drama drama drama.  But for us Tiva fans (which by now should be all of you) a lot more has happened than just a couple past visitors showing up.  I don't know how I felt about this episode of NCIS let's first go over the things done well.



The rooftop scene with Tony and Ziva was well done.  Ziva got teary, Tony made no jokes and there was definitely a feeling of more-than-just-friends going on.  I felt like they covered it well.  I also liked the scene when Tony talked to Ziva when she was more prone to accepting Ray's proposal.  His look when she said "no regrets" definitely left the fans and especially shippers thinking about what it meant.  Finally who could not love when Ziva punched Ray.  It was perfect.  They did a good job of covering his betrayal differently than the past when Michael Rivkin was in the picture.  Tony could have gone behind Ziva's back to look through all this but talked to her directly.  Ziva took care of the situation and let her friends help her in the end.

Now onto the things I was a little let down on.  Tony was too accepting of Ray's proposal.  He was pushing it on Ziva.  In my mind it would have gone down differently.   I would have added more banter and jealousy on Tony's side.  EP Gary Glasberg himself did say that Tony wanted to see Ziva safe and happy but to just be fine with Ziva marrying this guy is not the reaction I wanted to see.  Then the end just confused me.  I was good with the "you'll find someone someday" and the "but are you happy?" but then when they friend zoned it I got annoyed.  The final look was adorable however so I'll give them that.

Perhaps my expectations of the episode were too high or perhaps I just worry that these kids will never get their lives figured out and the 20th season will come along and I'll still be waiting for something to happen.  Still the writers are giving out good stuff and the show is doing really well.

Extra Spoiler:
The 200th episode in Febuary is going to be incredible.  It's a what if ep and I think we can expect cameos from the following
Mike Franks
Ari Haswari
Kate Todd
Apparently Tony and Ziva meet under different circumstances where Kate's desk was never freed up.  It's going to be really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment